At iBio, we’re enabling the next generation of biologics with the FastPharming® System for high-quality, eco-friendly production of recombinant proteins using plants. At our 130,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Bryan, Texas, we combine vertical farming, automated hydroponics, and molecular biology to produce therapeutics, vaccines and products for life science research and bioprocessing. We’re also putting these capabilities to work for our clients via our array of contract development and manufacturing services.
Just imagine what we can do together! We know extraordinary things happen when individual talent, technology, and a great mission cross paths: the opportunity to create an outstanding team and a world-class company. We are looking to hire exceptional people who have demonstrated track records of success to continue to build a leading biotechnology and development services organization.
Apply now for our Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing position and help bring the power of plants to the biopharmaceutical industry!
Mission of the Position
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing. You will manage and drive programs and activities related to supplier excellence, including identifying and developing GMP material suppliers and service providers, overseeing lifecycle management to support iBio’s objectives.
This position will manage all aspects of sourcing and supplier relationship management for iBio. Evaluates market conditions and recommends appropriate sourcing solutions to the business in support of new product development, clinical, and commercial supply. Works with representatives from Finance, Process Development, Quality Assurance, and Operations to facilitate, optimize, and implement effective sourcing solutions.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Sourcing position is located in Bryan, Texas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Define, implement and manage sourcing and supplier management processes, including business requirements, sourcing and risk management strategy, supplier selection and qualification, contracting, and performance management
- Collaborate and build productive relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders to enable timely fulfillment of business requirements
- Ensure supplier relationships are defined with performance measures and regular business reviews and reporting
- Ensure timely establishment and administration of supply and quality agreements through close collaboration with Legal, Operations, and Quality units to assure agreements are in place and kept up to date
- Collaborate with Supply Team to develop effective supply plan and ensure risk management plan is in place and kept up to date for critical supply and escalate business risks
- Work closely with the Quality units on audit, investigation, complaints, change control and GMP systems monitoring, and follow through with action plan implementation
- Lead the Supplier Risk Assessment Team, establish and facilitate integrated risk management life cycle in partnership with key functions (QA, QC, Process Development & Operations) – identification, assessment, mitigation planning and execution. Establish business cases for significant investments
- Responsible for the Risk Assessment process, ensuring that risks are identified, prioritized and mitigated. Identify Critical Materials and High-Risk Suppliers, creates mitigation plans to reduce risk
Position Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Pharmaceutical Sciences or the equivalent required; MBA preferred
- 6+ years of relevant technical experience relating to process chemistry and pharmaceutical manufacturing in a regulated industry (FDA/EMA)
- 6+ years of experience in an operations role in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, 3+ years management experience building and leading effective teams
- Experience in Biotech/Pharma Supply Chain, GMP, CapEx (lab and bio-manufacturing equipment), and Scientific Services.
- Knowledge of direct materials, including packaging, capital construction, warehousing and logistics is a plus.
- Experience with negotiating legal terms and working with Legal to reach final agreement highly valued.
- Familiarity with QA/QC processes and Quality Agreements highly valued.
- Strong background in biotechnology supply chain risk management, Supplier Relationship Management, Strategic Sourcing, outsourcing and contract negotiations.
- Ability to develop strategic and collaborative relationships with suppliers and internal customers at all levels of an organization, including Finance, Manufacturing, Logistics, Quality, Supply Chain and Facilities
- Problem solving skills with the ability to objectively evaluate and develop executive management-level recommendations
- Strong leader with proven record of consistent high-performance delivering results, leading projects, and who is capable of managing complex relationships in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Technical experience with the supply and usage of API and Excipients for pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Familiar with raw material qualification, validation, and associated regulatory impacts.
- Must be familiar with cGXP requirements, FDA, EMA, Health Canada regulations.
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment and function with a “roll up the sleeves” approach.